We Made This Home

Home means many thing to different people. For me it is not just the old bricks and mortar that stand firmly on it's foundations, it is a place of comfort and a sense of belonging. Our home represents a journey and it tells a story - our story. Memories have been made here, both of happy times and of testing times, treasures found along the way fill the rooms, each piece destined to be apart of this story. Our home is an organic ever changing space that grows with us, week by week, month by month, It is the place where our creativity has the freedom to be expressed in ways that reflects just how we are feeing at any given moment, furniture is shuffled and our things are arranged and rearranged almost constantly.

I have always been inspired by homes, how they look and how they feel. When I was a child I would often dream up the perfect home, draw it's room layouts and decide where the future would go, I often made brochures containing all the furniture and accessories I would choose to go in my dream home (quite funny to look back at now). My adult self hasn’t changed an awful lot since then. I have been lucky enough to fulfil my ambitions of becoming a graphic designer, working on some lovely projects for the homes and gardens market. I also married a man that understood my love of interiors and together we have created our perfect little home. 

Last week I was absolutly thrilled to discover that my blog has been shortlisted for the Britmums 'Brilliance in blogging' award under the style category! Goodness me I am honoured! I'm honoured that you lovely people should pop over here every now and again to read and I'm honoured that this blog has been shortlisted for an award. It would mean the absolute world to me if you would like to vote for this little blog. You can vote here, or pop over here to check out the other lovely blogs shortlisted in the category.

Here is a little round up of some of my favourite posts so far. 

Homemade Strawberry Jam I do love documenting some of my favourite recipes, this was a special one. I'd never made jam until the team at Laura Ashley contacted me and asked me if I would like to write a post for them, as you can imagine I was delighted. My Nanna has always made her own jam, sending us home with jars at a time for us to enjoy on toast or scones, so I thought it was about time I gave jamming a go and to my surprise it was so very simple. The sweet aroma that fills the kitchen as the fruits soften and the sugar melts away is truly scrumptious.
  
A vintage inspired Picnic Having a picnic is one of my favourite things to do especially in the garden when the sun is shining. Last year my mum and I set up a cozy little spot for the afternoon, compete with tea, cushions and blankets.

Peony and Sage Pompom Bunting This blog features a few DIY projects for the home, this has to be my favourite, I love bunting and I love Peony and Sage fabric.

Styling the Seasons ~ January This year I decided to join Katy and Charlotte in Styling the Seasons, an idea that challenges us to be mindfull of the changing season from month to month and how it can be reflected within our homes. I missed last months, but looking forward to making a little time for May's post. 

Once again thank you so much for popping over for a read and please do head over to Britmums to vote for your favourite blog (Voting runs through midnight on Friday 15th May)

Big love
Laura xxx

Labels: